Lesson Plan Resource:
Slave Trade Text Set and Internet Pathfinder
Additional Blues Music Resources:
Hub Pages - How to Write a Song: Writing Lyrics and Music
PBS - The Blues: Blues Lyrics (lesson plan)
WikiHow - How to Construct a Blues Song (musical score)
for the 21st-Century Learner:
- Define and refine a range of questions to frame the search for new understanding. (1.1.3)
- Find, evaluate, and select appropriate resources to answer questions. (1.1.4)
- Read, view, and listen for information presented in any format (e.g., textual, visual, media, digital) in order to make inferences and gather meaning. (1.1.6)
- Follow ethical and legal guidelines in gathering and using information.
- Organize information so that it is useful. (2.1.2)
- Demonstrate teamwork by working productively with others. (3.2.3)
- Assess the quality and effectiveness of the learning product. (3.4.2)
- Interpret new information based on cultural and social context. (4.4.4)
AASL's Standards for the 21st-Century Learner are available online.