Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries:
Maximizing Your Impact can help classroom teachers, teacher-librarians,
literacy and instructional coaches, and specialists of all
kinds work together to improve instructional practices in
their elementary and K-5, K-6, or K-8 schools.
In this book, you will find:
* A rationale for lowering the student-to-teacher ratio at
the point of instruction;
* Background information on collaboration and co-teaching
* How-to chapters on each of seven reading comprehension strategies
and a bibliography of children's picture books for each one;
* Lesson plans at three levels of literacy development that
incorporate research-based instructional strategies;
* Downloadable graphic organizers, rubrics, and sample student
work for each lesson.