School librarians who want to contribute to the "How-to" pages of this Web site should plan in advance. Here are the steps:
1. Email Judi Moreillon to make sure no one else is currently working on that particular lesson. Review other school librarians' contributions. (If you are one of the first for this book, see the "advanced" lessons on the "How-to" page for Collaborative Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension: Maximizing Your Impact)
2. Request permission forms for publishing educators' photographs and sample student work.
3. Coteach the lesson plan. Make adjustments to the lesson to meet the needs of your students or to reflect the resources available to you.
4. Take a digital photogragh that shows you and your coteacher sharing responsibility for instruction and/or students' guided practice.
5. Select a sample of student work and/or solicit a testimonial from your coteacher.
6. Secure signed permission forms and submit the coteaching photograph, student work, educator testimonial, and signed permission forms to Judi Moreillon.
6. When your work is published, you will receive this badge to acknowledge your contribution. Publish the badge on your Web site, ePortfolio, blog, or other professional document.